Hampton Court Kayak Tour with Tuition 90 minutes
Get ready for a unique adventure. Paddle the Thames starting & finishing at the Pub "Ye Old Swan" Public Slipway in Thames Ditton, KT7 0QQ. Kayak alongside the wonderful houseboats & observe the large variety of wildlife. On the way view the vista of the historical Hampton Court Palace, once home of King Henry VIII.Glide past the grandeur of the palace on this Hampton Court Kayak Tour. Hampton Court is the highlight. From the river you'll see the riding school, the Royal Mews and those iconic glittering gold gates that lead the way to Hampton Palace, built for Cardinal Wolsey, but then taken back by King Henry VIII and extended. Sit back and paddle and enter the Royal spirit from your own private seat!
A chatty guided history will be given about the famous location & surrounding area from your own British Canoe Union Instructor. Sit back and paddle and enter the Royal spirit from your own private seat!
All the necessary equipment, basic introduction to paddling, a health and safety brief and chatty guided history of the famous location from your BCU Guide.
- Google Map
After your basic briefing you will settle in for a gentle paddle starting and finishing at the public slipway beside Ye Olde Swan Pub, Thames Ditton, KT7 0QQ. As we paddle upstream towards Molesey lock, you will pass fine houseboats, small islands and a variety of wildlife. You will view the historical Hampton Court Palace from a unique seat and paddle close to the famous Golden Gates, entrance to the Palace. The Hampton Court Kayak Daytime Tour lasts 90 minutes including your health & safety briefing. The standard tour is available at various times throughout the day.
- "Thoroughly enjoyed our kayak tour. The instructors are knowledgeable, reassuring and really nice people. The tour itself is very pleasant, with great sites. The whole group loved it. Thank you!"Thomas Bool
22nd June 2015
- "I absolutely loved this trip, the team were so helpful and inclusive, accommodating everyone, at whatever level,to make sure they got the best out of the event. I'm already looking to do another one!"Denise Yeats
22nd June 2015
- "The experience was so good that my daughter and her boyfriend want to see if there's a kayaking club local to us to take it up as a hobby! "Caroline Andrews
11th June 2015
- "We had a great day with Dan and Tristan around Windsor castle. Suitable for all abilities as you could speed up or slow down as you wanted...short and good intro and lots of time in the kayaks! Great!"Lene Havardstun
9th June 2015
- "Had a great time out on the water with Jim. Thanks!"Paul Edwards
8th June 2015
- "Our guide Dan was fantastic and knew everything about anything. He could provide a fascinating guided tour of an empty shipping container, let alone one of the worlds most famous rivers."Stuart Lamond
8th June 2015
|Book a Date|