LONDON KAYAK TOURS DISCLAIMER
Kayaking is a great adventure, but with any sports there are risks that you need to be aware of to decide whether you wish to participate. It is a physical sport and therefore has the potential for injury or harm. In order to participate, you must agree to a waiver/disclaimer for any injury or harm. You undertake this activity at your own risk.
All participants must wear a buoyancy aid at all times throughout the Tour.
Wearing a buoyancy aid is good sense and necessary in case you roll or fall out.
The weather and the water conditions can change quickly and significantly. While dangerous situations are rare, they are possible. Each person is responsible for their own safety and personal belongings they bring with them on the day. It is important that you follow the instructions of your Instructor in order to limit the chances of risk or harm.
The occasional equipment bump or break is bound to happen: please notify us if this happens to you. If the damage is beyond what we would consider normal wear and tear we will charge you for the repair or replacement costs.
By agreeing to this document you will waive certain legal rights including the right to sue. Please read it carefully.
1. I acknowledge, appreciate and agree that there is a risk of damage or injury from the activities I am to undertake. I knowingly and freely assume all such risks and I assume full responsibility for my participation in these activities.
2. I understand and agree that these activities have inherent risks, dangers and my participations in such activities and/or use of any equipment may result in injury or illness including but not limited to, bodily injury, disease, strains, fractures, partial and or total paralysis, death or other ailments that could cause serious disability.
3. These risks and dangers may be caused by the negligence of the owners, employees, contractors or associates of the Company, the negligence of other participants or the negligence of any other person, the predictable or unpredictable forces of nature or any other causes or accidents. Risks may arise from foreseeable or unforeseeable causes including but not limited to water conditions, weather conditions and risks associated with capsizing a kayak when embarking and disembarking from these craft (including hypothermia and drowning).
4. I (for myself and on behalf of my heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin hereby release, hold harmless and indemnify to the fullest extent permitted by law (the Company), its owners, employees, contractors, and associates with respect to any and all harm injury disability death loss or damage to myself or any other person or any property associated with my presence or participation in the activities that I am about to undertake whether arising from my negligence or the negligence of any other person or the negligence of the Company, its owners, employees, contractors and associates or for any other reason whatsoever.
5. I confirm that I am physically and mentally capable and fit to participate in this activity and can swim a minimum of 20 metres.
6. I have no medical conditions or needs or have taken any type of medication (prescribed or otherwise) other than those listed below.
7. I confirm that I am 18 years of age or older or I am the adult responsible as a Guardian for my 9 year old child.
8. I have been advised that I must wear an approved personal buoyancy aid at all times whilst in the kayak or near the water.
9. I further agree that the Company and its personal representatives has my permission and authority to address and treat any medical conditions or emergencies as they deem appropriate and I agree to pay any charges for such medical treatment including transportation) and will indemnify the Company for this.
10. I have read this assumption of risk and release of liability agreement, I understand its terms and conditions that I have given up substantial rights by agreeing to it and I agree it freely and voluntarily without any inducement.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Payment and Refund Policy
All prices are given in UK pounds sterling (£UK) as quoted on our website and via our booking office.
All bookings are non-refundable. Please do not embarrass yourself or our staff by asking us to break this condition of booking.
Please be aware if you miss your scheduled Tour you will not be eligible for an alternative booking or refund. If you are not present at your scheduled departure time our Instructors will begin the Tour without you.
If for any reason London Kayak Tours cancels the Tour we will endeavour to accommodate you on another Tour or refund you.
Please arrive promptly for your booked tour. WE DO NOT WAIT ON LATE ARRIVALS.
As we are not guaranteed sunshine in the UK or even blue skies from March to October we recommend that you check the weather report prior to your Tour on:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/8 for weather in the London area.
Our Tours operate in most weather conditions.
Tours do not go ahead in strong winds, heavy rain or lightening.
If you require further information on the weather, please contact our mobile number on +44 (0) 7773720860. If Tours are postponed due to weather, we will accommodate customers at their convenience in the future.
If a customer has a disability or medical condition it is their responsibility to inform the Company, at the time of booking. Without exception, expectant mothers are not permitted to Kayak at any stage of their pregnancy.
A minimum number of participants may be required for Tours to operate.
For the Regents Canal Tours there are toilets, showers and locker facilities available within 5 minutes walking distance from the start point of the Tour at the “Hub” which is 5 minutes walk into Regents Park beside the cricket grounds. The facilities are available to all.
For Hampton Court Tours toilet facilities are available 5 minutes walk from Molesey lock where customers can change clothes. No shower facilities are available. Valuables can be taken with us on the Tours on our kayaks in secure water proof bags.
Smoking is NOT permitted on the Kayaks.
We recommend that you bring a bottle of water on all Tours but alternatively we can provide bottles of water at the time of the Tour.
An adult must accompany children under twelve years. All children must be a minimum of 9 years old. A 16 year age minimum is required for Tower Bridge Tours.
Whilst, every effort is made to return lost property, London Kayak Tours Ltd cannot be held responsible for property left on/in the kayaks. Property found must be collected from our Office Address at 14 Eton Square, Windsor. Berkshire. SL4 6BG.
If a Tour is cancelled by the customer no refund will be given. You can pay an £8 charge upfront for postponing your Tour but we must be aware of this 48 hours in advance.
We may, at our discretion, require any person to withdraw from any tour if we deem their behaviour offensive or a nuisance to other passengers and we shall have no further liability.
All matters concerning this booking shall be subject to English Law.
Have fun and lots of it!
General Rules whilst Kayaking
• Do not move away from the group alone; always stay within hearing distance of the
• Do keep away from weirs.
• Keep well clear of other water users i.e. narrow boats, fisherman; keep right of all other craft.
• No play-acting in the Kayaks
• No alcohol allowed whilst kayaking
• If under the influence of alcohol, kayaking will not be permitted.
• No chewing gum on kayaks
Always follow your Instructor/Guide’s Instructions